HI all and happy New Year to you!
Just a quick update re. the garden.
1. For those of you who pop in to the garden now and then note that we've planted quite a lot of new seedlings - two sections of the largest communal bed and 1 small section in one of the smaller horseshoe shaped beds. If you happen to be there and the seedlings look like they are lacking water please feel free to give them some - just until they are established by which time the new watering roster folk will be easily able to take care of things.
2. Hydroponics system - we had a power outage for most of Sunday and the other day one of the pumps was disconnected so lucky it wasn't hot and sunny - if you happen to see the plants on this new hydroponics system (currently strawbs and lettuce) wilting in a big way - can you let me know and I'll try to investigate.
3. We've had a big increase in the chook flock with 5 new ones (thanks to Kim for arranging) - they are currently fenced off from the existing chooks but should be getting introduced soon.
4. Slight change in the designation of the three open compost heaps - I'll have signs up tomorrow to indicate state of affairs.
5.Harvesting - we'll be hoping to harvest more than has been done in the past and will be leaving on one of the tables whatever isn't claimed by the folk who attended and helped with the Sunday work bees (good incentive to come and work on Sundays - get the best choice of the goodies!)
6. We have a big new whiteboard on the shed wall and will be trying to use this plus other notice boards to better convey info re. happenings and status of things in the garden - so do have a look each time you go in!This will hopefully work in conjunction with our existing excellent website to provide info as to what is happening and what is planned.
Think that's all
Hope to see you in the garden (don't forget Sundays 2pm onwards for work bees)